The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences / College of Arts and Sciences at The University of Tokyo invites applications for the following position.
|Number of Positions||One (Project Associate Professor)|
|Affiliation||Komaba Organization for Educational Excellence (KOMEX), College of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo|
|Research Fields||Health science and physical education relating to the environment|
("Junior Division" refers to years 1 and 2, and "Senior Division" to years 3 and 4 of the undergraduate program.)
(1) Junior Division: "Physical Education and Health Sciences (practice)", "Sports and Fitness Exercise (practice)" and "Science of Human Movement and Fitness" for international students
|Start of Employment||April 1, 2013, or later|
(1) Doctorate in Science or relating disciplines (already received, or expected to be received before the start of employment)
(2) Ability to teach the above courses in English
(3) Ability and eagerness to participate in the curriculum development and other academic administrative tasks of the Junior Division program (in "Physical Education and Health Sciences (practice)", "Sports and Fitness Exercise (practice) and "Science of Human Movement and Fitness")
(4) Ability to play an active role in the education and guidance of international students
(5) For candidates whose first language is not Japanese: Sufficient Japanese-language ability for work within the university
|Terms of Appointment||
(1) The period of the appointment is for three years from the date of employment. (The contract may be extended once for a second period of up to three years.)
(2) The person hired for the advertised position may be eligible later for reassignment to a tenured position if such positions become available.
(3) The salary and other employment conditions shall be as prescribed by The University of Tokyo's regulations.
|Selection||The successful candidate will be chosen by a selection committee within the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and College of Arts and Sciences, and approved by the Faculty Meeting of the Graduate School and College. Applicants may be interviewed if necessary. Applicants will be notified of the results of the selection after final approval by the Faculty Meeting. Application documents will not be returned.|
Please submit one copy each of the following:
(1) CV in The University of Tokyo's standard resume format. (The necessary form can be downloaded at the following URL: http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/per01/r01_e.html.)
(2) Statement of research accomplishments (including a list of theses, monographs, academic papers, etc.)
(3) Statement listing past teaching experience (courses previously taught, etc.)
(4) Statement listing academic and social services (activities in academic societies, committee work, etc.)
(5) Reprints or photocopies of up to five major research papers or other publications, and a description of the applicant's research (approximately 300 words in English, or 1,000 characters in Japanese)
(6) Description of the applicant's approach to the education of international students (approximately 300 words in English, or 1,000 characters in Japanese).
(7) Names and contact information of two people who can be asked to provide references
|Application Deadline||Applications should be postmarked no later than April 30, 2012.|
|Address for Submissions and Inquiries||
The application documents should be sent as hard (paper) copies to:
Inquiries may be addressed to: koubo [at mark] adm.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Information about the Graduate School and College is available in Japanese at: http://www.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ and in English at: http://www.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp/eng_site/index.html
The University of Tokyo actively promotes gender equality.