HOME > Graduate School > Academic Procedures > Program Withdrawal

Withdrawal from a Program

When a student withdraws from the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences due to personal reason or the expiration of the maximum length of enrollment, first receive a Request for Withdrawal icon_pdf.gif from the section in charge, fill in the necessary items, obtain seals from the academic advisor and the head of the department and return this form to that section. This process must be completed approximately two months prior to the date of withdrawal. The request cannot be accepted if students have outstanding financial obligation to the university or if the request form is incomplete.

Please note withdrawal date generally has to be the last day of the month.

If you are a scholarship recipient, you may need to go through a separate procedure regarding scholarship payment, before submitting the Request for Withdrawal.